Organic Nuka Zuke Daikon Pickles (200g)
*Size of Daikon will vary but roughly each piece is 200g*
What is Nuka?
Nuka, also known as rice bran, is the hard outer skin of the rice grains that is removed when polishing brown rice to make white rice. It is gluten-free unlike the traditional wheat bran and contains a high nutritional value and typically used in Japanese cooking to make dishes such as fermented pickles called nukazuke.
Nukazuke are a type of Japanese pickle made by fermenting vegetables in Nuka. Almost any edible vegetable may be pickled using this rice bran such as eggplant, daikon, cabbage, and cucumber. Many Japanese households have their own nukazuke crocks, which are basically like beds that contain the Nuka bran so you can start the fermentation process.
What Does it Taste Like?Nukazuke pickles can be tangy to very sour and has a salty pungent taste. The texture is quite crunchy so people love to add this dish to their meals for that extra crispiness! They are often eaten at the end as they are said to aid in digestion. The lactobacillus in nukazuke pickles contains lots of good probiotics which can supplement the growth of healthy intestinal flora.
- Promotes Respiratory Health and Kidney Function
- Promotes digestion
- Can help reduce cancer risk
- Boosts immunity
- Diabetic Friendly
How to Eat it:
- Enjoy it as a side dish or as an appetizer as the sourness helps to open up the appetite and it's also a great way to get the healthy probiotics in first!
- Mix it into your salad for some nice flavours and crunch
- Served as a condiment to your favourite sandwiches and hot dogs
- A nice delicious addition to your rice and noodles
***Foodcraft is on a greener mission and have now added a "No Cooler Bag Option" for those who want to join us in the efforts to help save our planet! Please click here if you do not want your products to be delivered in cooler bags.***
Ingredients: Organic Daikon, Organic Nuka, Salt
We Also Recommend